Honeypots mailing list archives

Installing Kernel source files worked, but won't 'make'

From: Jason Schoenbrun <athlon () umd edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 15:53:46 -0500

Ty Bodell was helping me with this but I figured I'd also send
this to the list if anyone has any ideas.

I installed the Kernel source files, and it did get me past
that point.

However, when typing 'make', I am told 2 of 7 hunks failed (at
185 and 1959) and a file af_packet.c.rej is created saying:
***************
*** 182,188 ****
       unsigned int            pg_vec_order;
       unsigned int            pg_vec_pages;
       unsigned int            pg_vec_len;
-
       struct tpacket_hdr      **iovec;
       unsigned int            frame_size;
       unsigned int            iovmax;
--- 185,191 ----
       unsigned int            pg_vec_order;
       unsigned int            pg_vec_pages;
       unsigned int            pg_vec_len;
+
       struct tpacket_hdr      **iovec;
       unsigned int            frame_size;
       unsigned int            iovmax;
***************
*** 1927,1932 ****
       return 0;
 }

- module_init(packet_init);
- module_exit(packet_exit);
- MODULE_LICENSE("GPL");
--- 1959,1961 ----
       return 0;
 }

I should also mention that I don't have a /usr/src/linux-2.4
folder, rather a /usr/src/linux-2.6.5-1.358
and I editted the Makefile to reflect that.

Thank you for any assistance,
Jason