Honeypots mailing list archives

setting up a Honeypot

From: <bgenefort () reytan fr>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 11:46:36 +0100 (CET)

Hi everybody,

I'm just beginning to work on Honeypots as a year-graduating project. I
have 3 computers dedicated to this work : one for Linux honeypot, one for
Windows honeypot, and one to centralize data. I'm reading documentations
for days, but I never found the exemple of someone using this network
topology, although tips to manage both Windows/Linux honeypots data would
be very helpful.
Has anyone set this up yet ? What kind of data management software can be
used to read both data flows ?

I'm also sending this mail to say that I will be working on this for the
next 6 months, and I would like my work to help the community. So feel
free to give me advice so that my work would not be redundant and useless
for all.
Thanks in advance for any answer

     bgenefort