Honeypots mailing list archives

RE: honeyd0.8b not logging to syslog

From: "Jeff Kloet" <JKloet () toromont com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 20:48:51 -0500

On Sun, Nov 28, 2004 at 10:57:19PM -0500, Jeff Kloet wrote:
I'm no Linux guru so I may have some of my terminology incorrect.  I
have a honeyd 0.5 install running daemonized that logs its
connections
to the local syslog facility.  I use the local syslog facility to
push
them out to a remote syslog server for further processing.  Has this
functionality changed in the newer versions of honeyd?  The honeyd
manual page still talks of logging to syslog facility and a local
file.