Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: honeyd0.8b not logging to syslog

From: Administrador Root <honeypot_maillist () yahoo es>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 22:37:52 +0100 (CET)

Jeff, I haven't honeyd0.8b. But I would checked the effecty user of henyd0.8b, and who can write to syslog's file. You
checked it sure, but it's the first thing i do.

Bye

Jeff Kloet <jkloet () toromont com> wrote:

I have honeyd0.8b up and running on RedHat 9.0 with a simple configuration... it listens on unused address space and
opens a connection for any udp/tcp/imcp traffic hitting that address space.

All is well except that honeyd does not log the connections to syslog. It does log them to a file and it does log
honeyd startup information to syslog.

Ideas?

Thanks
Jeff K