Honeypots mailing list archives

Undergraduate student Research topic about the Honeypots or Honeynet

From: Alan Chung <alanchung666 () yahoo com hk>
Date: 13 Nov 2004 13:05:15 -0000

Hi all,

I am bachelor degree final year student.
I am interesting in network security, and my final year project will working about Honeypots or Honeynet.

My final year project topic is "Profiling Security Threats with Honeypots"

The project plan is deploy a centralized database to collect the data and design user interface. Then using the user
interface to summarize, profiling and report the threats.

But I have few confuse about my topic. Because my topic may be across two topics in the honeynet project recommend
project topics list, they are "Profiling" and "Honeynet Phase IV".
I am first time to doing a research, so I afraid that my topic can it working with this two topics. And I don't my
topic can work or not.

I am very interesting in working with you and learning more about this area.

Thanks !

Alan. ~^_^~