Honeypots mailing list archives

RE: Inoculation Scripts

From: "Joshua Berry" <jberry () PENSON COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:31:15 -0500

I use Snort with Flexresp and Snort Inline, I am just playing around
with this for now.  While Snort-Inline or Flexresp can keep resetting or
blocking connections, this solution actually removes the worm and cleans
up the system.  The reality is that large networks have an incredibly
difficult time patching systems effectively and I am just playing around
with this in a test network to see how well it works.