Honeypots mailing list archives

RE: Inoculation Scripts

From: "Joshua Berry" <jberry () PENSON COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:57:36 -0500

The biggest problem that I have had is really hard to solve (if not
impossible) at the perimeter because of home users, remote sites, and
vendors connecting over client-based VPN's or Point-to-Point VPN's.  The
same problems come with home users and vendors plugging laptops into the
network (this can and eventually will be solved with 802.1x).

In a big enough environment, the perimeter has a tendency to disappear
or at least blur.  These VPN connections, laptops, and Point-to-Point
connections are often where the infection originates from and then
spreads to internal pc's.