Honeypots mailing list archives

Bug Fix Release: Honeyd 0.8b

From: Niels Provos <provos () citi umich edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 02:10:05 -0400

Hi,

Although I just recently released Honeyd 0.8a, here is another
release.  Honeyd 0.8b is mostly fixing bugs that have slowly creeped
into the code.  I hope this release will work smoothly for everyone.

This version has one new tiny feature:

 - Log rotation: When receiving SIGUSR1, Honeyd rotates it's log files.

and the following bug fixes:

 - Fixed many bugs relating to nmap operating system detection:
   constant sequence number, dont-fragment flag and more.

 - Fixed compile issues on Linux and *BSD relating to honeydctl.

 - Updated association file between xprobe and nmap fingerprints.

 - Python internal services can close connection by returning None;
   fixed by Andrew R. Jones.

You can find more information about this release at

  http://www.honeyd.org/release.php?version=0.8b

You can find general information on Honeyd at:

  http://www.citi.umich.edu/u/provos/honeyd/
  http://www.honeyd.org/

I am still looking for a machine donation for regression and
performance testing of Honeyd on several different operating
systems. If you are in a position to donate a machine for this
purpose, please contact me.

Niels.

--
We are experiencing the witch hunts of the information age.
  http://www.ageofignorance.com/