Honeypots mailing list archives

Honeyd Problems and some more information

From: Niels Provos <provos () citi umich edu>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 14:57:01 -0400

Hi,

I just recently announced Honeyd 0.8a.

A number of people have reported problems with this version, some were
not able to compile Honeyd on their system and others have reported
problems with Nmap.  At the moment, I am revamping the regression
tests and plan to release an updated bug-fix version, too.

You can help to ensure that the next version of Honeyd runs smoothly
by letting me know about any problems that you have encountered with
Honeyd 0.8a.  Don't forget to mention your operating system and which
version of Nmap you are using.  Your help is appreciated.

I have also put some more information on the Honeyd web pages:

You can find a list of tools that can be used with Honeyd at

  http://www.honeyd.org/tools.php

and a list of usage scenarios at

  http://www.honeyd.org/concepts.php

Thank you,
 Niels.

--
We are experiencing the witch hunts of the information age.
  http://www.ageofignorance.com/