Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Openbsd Bridge Firewall

From: "Coward, Robert \(Contractor\)" <Robert.Coward () deploymenthealth osd mil>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 07:39:22 -0400

OpenBSD simply rules when it come to firewalling. An PF is great, as well.
With OpenBSD 3.5 there is the addition of CARP and pfsync which gives
OpenBSD the ability to compete with the Cisco PIX firewall, since it
aquires failover capability. here is a link I used to build my silent
bridge at home: http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200207/transpfobsd.html. Also
check out http://openbsddiary.org/index.php?page=fw. This site also has
info on building and IDS using OpenBSD. The links I posted are not up to
OpenBSD 3.5, but they are great starting points. Also here is a link to to
a howto for CARP: http://screamingelectron.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1571.
Screamingelectron.org is a pretty good site with lots of OpenBSD info, and
a pretty good group of people in the forums.

---
"Palestine belongs to the Arabs in the same sense that England belongs to
the English or France to the French. It is wrong and inhuman to impose the
Jews on the Arabs. What is going on in Palestine today cannot be justified
by any moral code of conduct. The mandates have no sanction but that of the
last war. Surely it would be a crime against humanity to reduce the proud
Arabs so that Palestine can be restored to the Jews partly or wholly as
their national home." (Mohandas Karamchand "Bapu" Gandhi, 1869-1948)
---
Robert V. Coward
UNIX System Administrator
Computer Science Corporation

"Lee Sheng" <momosisco () hotmail com> on 05/31/2004 07:43:29 AM