Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Error running Honeyd-WIN32

From: "FreeCC" <freecc () eyou com>
Date: 1 Mar 2004 11:21:16 +0800

Thanks for your reply!

I tested it on my Windows XP system that never had VMware,and there is only
one NIC,but... "intf_get: No such device or address"

And I also run it on a Windows 98 system,but the error message changed to
"ip_open:Result too large"

May it be the problem of the libdnet?

Thank you!

FreeCC

======= 2004-02-29 23:03:50 Original Message =======

Thanks for responding.  It's true that I do have VMWare running on most of
my Honeyd machines, so when I get back home I'm going to test the theory.
do know that I have disabled and uninstalled the VMWare drivers on my
current travel machines and it had no impact...but maybe there's driver
reminants that don't remove automatically.  And when I run both Winpcap and
Honeyd -W, they report the correct network drivers.

I'm on the road, but heading home today.  I'm going to test these three
theories:
1.  It's a new Wincap error, so I'll try it with old version.
2.  It's a VMWare problem, I'll try it on a machine that never had VMWare.
3.  Try running it on Win9x vs. W2K or above.

--http://www.eyou.com
--Îȶ¨¿É¿¿µÄµç×ÓÐÅÏä  ÓïÒôÓʼþ  Òƶ¯ÊéÇ©  ÈÕÀú·þÎñ  ÍøÂç´æ´¢...ÒÚÓÊδ¾¡

--http://vip.eyou.com
--¿ì¿ìµÇ¼ÒÚÓÊVIPÐÅÏä  ×¢²áÄúÖÐÒâµÄÓû§Ãû