Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Error running Honeyd-WIN32

From: "Roger A. Grimes" <roger () banneretcs com>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 10:03:50 -0500

Thanks for responding.  It's true that I do have VMWare running on most of
my Honeyd machines, so when I get back home I'm going to test the theory.  I
do know that I have disabled and uninstalled the VMWare drivers on my
current travel machines and it had no impact...but maybe there's driver
reminants that don't remove automatically.  And when I run both Winpcap and
Honeyd -W, they report the correct network drivers.

I'm on the road, but heading home today.  I'm going to test these three
theories:
1.  It's a new Wincap error, so I'll try it with old version.
2.  It's a VMWare problem, I'll try it on a machine that never had VMWare.
3.  Try running it on Win9x vs. W2K or above.