Honeypots mailing list archives

RE: Live CD?

From: "Bosen, Greg" <bosegreg () cob isu edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 00:24:58 -0700

http://knoppix-std.org/ seems to be a very nice Live CD with loads of
forensic tools included.  They took out some of Knoppix's fat and put
what is needed.  Honeyd is also included!  Knoppix can be easily
installed onto a harddrive.  Removing the live cd ability, yet dropping
a preinstalled system with all the tools needed to setup a honeypot.

I would be interested in a Knoppix distrobution that was geared toward
setting a harddrive install with scripts and instructions on setting up
and maintaining a honeypot.  This should help with the learning curve
(installation pains).

Greg