Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: FW: Live CD?

From: David Barroso <dbarroso () s21sec com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 13:10:23 +0100

* Bosen, Greg (bosegreg () cob isu edu) wrote:
Is there anything moving along on the LIVE CD idea for honeypots?  I know the knoppix distro is being modified and
used for many other purposes.  Just wanted to see if there is anything being done to set up a LIVE honeypot CD.  This
would sure help out the difficulty in setting everything up.

Hi, Greg, if you check the Honeynet Project website
(http://project.honeynet.org), in 2004 they
are going to create a CD for a honeypot gateway (data control &
capture), but it is not a live honeypot CD. For fast honeypots deployment,
I would suggest to use virtual honeypots with vmware.
It is a only once installation & setup and you
can burn that image in a CD for other hosts.