Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: honeyd and cable modem

From: "if0ff () softhome net" <if0ff () softhome net>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 09:56:27 +0100

Hi

I'm currently working on the same topic. I've planned to create a virtual 10.x network on which honeyd will run. Then I'm going to create portforwarding rules using iptables.

Greets

if0ff

Craig Sharp wrote:
I would like to use honeyd with a single address supplied from a cable modem via dhcp.  I have two addresses on this
modem.  One goes to my firewall and the other currently to a THP Linux box.

I can't figure out how to make honeyd work with the single address on eth0 and appear as a single host to the internet
on the address supplied by the cable modem dhcp.  The dhcp is fairly static.  THP is just too simple.  I need the
flexability of honeyd.

I know that honeyd relies on arpd to use all available addresses in a network but this wont work in my situation with
only a single address.

Any examples and help would be appreciated.

TIA,

Craig