Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Design considerations

From: Devilscrow Sr <devilscrow () gawab com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 23:54:35 +0530

Dear Marious,

I strongly recommend you to have a look at this link.... I guess if you had few questions then this would take care of all of that .... and if you dint then you would have lots to be answered..... never mind my sense of humor....

http://security.itworld.com/4354/031027linkfeature_seclab/pfindex.html

-dev
Marious S wrote:

Hi folks.

My name is Marious S (Just a small intro Lance:)) I recently "finished"
setting up a honeywall based on the GenII specs with OWL linux.

I/we (my employers) am very interested in learning from others what kind of
set up I could be looking at initially to sit behind the Honeywall.  i.e
number of machines, type of OS etc...  HoneyD, VMware...  There are so many
directions I am feeling a little overwhelmed:)