Honeypots mailing list archives

RE: tiered or tuned honeynets

From: <Glenn_Everhart () bankone com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 16:38:36 -0400

One more bit I should mention about the system described below.
I finished implementing it in 1995 and described the technology at
public events starting around then. It was published freely around
1998 when I gave up on the idea of selling it. I don't recall the
exact date but can find it on records of the publication, with the
documents and the code. I consider the idea to be in the public domain
now, though it is possible someone might try to patent it after the
fact. Unless such patent was applied for over 8 years back, it is
preceded by my publications of the technology. I published so that
folks could use the ideas.

Glenn Everhart