Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Data for MySQL

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 12:02:18 -0400

On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 09:17:41 CDT, Josh.Berry () compucom com said:
I haven't found anything yet.  I might end up producing my own MySQL
data, or use an already developed Apache/MySQL web application, fill it
with false data, then put it in my honeynet.  If I do I could send you
the DB dump.

Hmm.. if said database ever gets into widespread distribution, it could
very well operate as an anti-honeytoken.  An attacker could check for
one of the known keys and bail if he finds one....

Or do I just need a tinfoil helmet (more than usual) today? ;)