Honeypots mailing list archives

RE: Honeypots/nets and threat research

From: "Security News" <security () speakeasy net>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 09:49:33 -0400

An excellent book to get about hacker tools and tactics, step by step is
"Hack I.T." by T.J. Klevensky, Scott Laliberte, and Ajay Gupta.  I really
enjoyed this book with its tactical ways how to exploit and attack systems
(not intended for hacker purposes, but for penetration and educational
purposes).  It contains case studies how to attack a system externally and
internally.  The book is awesome and comes with CD contained with free tools
and tools on a trial basis.