Honeypots mailing list archives

RE: Free/Open Source Disk Imaging Tools

From: george chamales <george () overt org>
Date: 06 Feb 2003 13:47:51 -0600

I'm still researching the options for disk imaging and haven't started
working with dd and the other tools mentioned on the list.

I was concerned about the possibility of corrupt images due to gluing
two (albeit solid) tools together but I get the feeling that I may be
worrying about it too much.

Has anyone had any bad experiences working with dd and netcat?  If not
I'll consider my question answered.

Thanks,
george