Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Free/Open Source Disk Imaging Tools

From: "John Papapanos" <jpa3nos () lab epmhs gr>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 17:43:57 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "George Chamales" <george () overt org>
To: <honeypots () securityfocus com>
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 7:48 AM
Subject: Free/Open Source Disk Imaging Tools

We're looking for a tool to create images of our Windows and Linux
honeypots that's a bit more reliable than dd | netcat.  Does anyone have
experience with any free/open source disk imaging utilities?
Thanks,
george

Try partition image
http://www.partimage.org/

It works on Linux maschines but i think it can take images from Ntfs and
Fat16/32 filesytems.
It can also use a remote server to connect through the network and store the
image file in a central location and in a compressed format.
It has been a while since i used it, but it worked fine. I believe it has
more capabilities now and its worth checkin it out.