Honeypots mailing list archives

RE: Dmz single Ip

From: "Gonzalez, Albert" <albert.gonzalez () eds com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 22:30:59 -0500

A suggestion would be to implement the Bait N Switch System which was just
released last monday.

with the Bait N Switch System you can direct "hostile" traffic to your
honeypots. All other valid traffic will go where it is intended to go. So a
VALID SSH session (ie: nothing looking suspicious) it will go where intended
(to reach your firewall for example). Bait N Switch works great in 1 IP
networks.  So you have

Traffic -> Bad? --> YES --> Honeypot

           --> NO -> Production Machine (your firewall).

Current setup requires iproute2, snort-1.9.0, and the bait n switch package.

[1] - http://www.snort.org/dl/snort-1.9.0.tar.gz
[2] - http://baitnswitch.sf.net &&
http://www.violating.us/projects/baitnswitch

PS: We will be upgrading Bait N Switch to work with the newly release of
snort 1.9.1

Cheers!

---
Alberto Gonzalez, Intrusion Detection Engineer
EDS - Global Security Operations Center
Security and Privacy Professional Services