Honeypots mailing list archives

diff types of logging and tracking hackers

From: Sweta Gupta <sweet_gupta () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 06:53:56 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
  i want to know what r the different kinds of
logging. what r the diffrent events that can be logged
and what r the diffrent system calls for the same?
  How can we track attackers while he is online on
your system? what do u advice in this context. to what
extent we can trace the target system while the
attacker is using the honeypot?

Please Reply,

Waiting for reply eagerly,
Sweta

=====
I Want everything but nothing makes me happy...
When i feel like this, I must sit down, be still
And think about what i want...  Then, when I am clear,
    I must be brave enough to ask for it;
    Patient enough to wait for it...
(Almight I if i choose to be)