funsec mailing list archives

Re: A new reason not to trust the Web ...

From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk () gsp org>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2014 05:50:16 -0400

I've made it a policy to permanently blacklist all URL-shorteners the
moment I'm aware of their existence.  (a) They're a solution in search
of a problem [1] (b) they're conduits for all kinds of abuse and attacks
and (c) I'm not aware of *any* of these services that have ever
demonstrated the clue, diligence, and willingness to to deal with
abuse issues in a timely manner (or at all) (d) I strongly suspect
that some of them ARE the abusers.

---rsk

[1] If whatever software or service you're using doesn't handle a
real URL, then it's broken.