funsec mailing list archives

Re: I'll believe corporations are people when they let them drive in the HOV lane ...

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 18:07:20 -0500

On Tue, 05 Feb 2013 18:26:55 +0000, "Blanchard, Michael (InfoSec)" said:
 If you use an "old party label" in any manner or function, you are immediately disqualified from candidacy

The problem is that the instant a candidate says "I'm standing with these 27
other congresscritters in support of proposals A, B, and C", you've re-invented
the party platform.  And there's no really good way to ban 28 congresscritters
from banding together to get A, B, and C passed.