funsec mailing list archives

Re: Public presentation of complex issues

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 16:38:16 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 25 Apr 2012, Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-17838798#

I came across this by accident, and was disappointed that I'd hit the video clip
rather than an actual story.  (The fact that this clip is nominally about porn is not
really the point.)

What I found increasingly disturbing as the clip went on was how the deck was
loaded against reality.  The "criminologist" with the better jacket, better shirt, and
better haircut, who was in the studio, shot in part profile, and in front of a colour
background, was the guy blowing smoke.  (If you are going to say that the ISPs
should be responsible, they aren't the ones controlling your "rooter" [sorry].  Or,

You say rowter, we say rooter. Since this was the British broadcasting
Corporation, you should expect "rooter".