funsec mailing list archives

"Puppy scammers"??

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 13:39:59 -0700

Got a fairly standard "you've been defrauded by 419 scammers and we want to
refund your money" 419 scam today.

But the intro caught my attention:

[...]
You were formally having transactions with
impostors claiming to be prof. Charles Soludo of the CENTRAL BANK OF
NIGERIA,
none officials of Zenith Bank, Kelvin Young of HSBC, Ben of FedEx, Ibrahim
Sule,Dr.Usman Shamsudeen, puppy scammers and impostors claiming to be
incharge
of your fund transfer.During our investigation, we noticed that the reason why
you have not received your payment is because you have not fulfilled your
financial obligation given to you in respest of your contract/inheritance
payment by the FEDERAL MINISTRY OF FINANCE
[...]

Puppy scammers?

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
                 All reports are in.  Life is now officially unfair.
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade