funsec mailing list archives

Cheating on school tests ...

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 11:01:17 -0800

... by teachers, not students: http://www.economist.com/node/18958685

As a former school teacher, I'm depressed, but not really surprised.  This is a
predictable result of efforts by those who think that simple metrics will fix things.

We, in security, should beware of equivalent simple, metric-based, fixes.

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream
always wins--not through strength but by perseverance.
                                                  - H. Jackson Brown
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade