funsec mailing list archives

Re: Best Way to Avoid Virus Infection? Update Your Software

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 12:07:11 -0700

Yes, that's what I meant. Patch not available. Trying to avoid "0-day".

                                        Ryan

On 4/15/11 11:06 AM, Dan Kaminsky wrote:
Unpatched vulnerabilities are usually undetected.  If they were
detected, they'd probably be patched.

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 7:53 AM, Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com
<mailto:BlueBoar () thievco com>> wrote:

    Using unpatched vulns as justification for pushing patching?

                                           Ryan

    On 4/15/11 5:27 AM, Dan Kaminsky wrote:
    > Can anyone find the circular definition in this story?  It's amusingly
    > subtle.
    >
    > On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 4:48 AM, Jeffrey Walton
    <noloader () gmail com <mailto:noloader () gmail com>
    > <mailto:noloader () gmail com <mailto:noloader () gmail com>>> wrote:
    >
    >     “.... Bradley Antis, vice president of technical strategy at
    Orange,
    >     Calif.-based M86 Security, [siad] the 15 software
    vulnerabilities that

    http://www.securitynewsdaily.com/best-way-avoid-virus-infection-update-software-0685/