funsec mailing list archives

Re: Why I no longer Jailbreak my IPhone

From: der Mouse <mouse () Rodents-Montreal ORG>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 23:38:16 -0400 (EDT)

Why not just grow up and get an android ?
Because smartphones should really be called uglyphones?

[...]

Thank you for pointing out how naked the emperor is.[%]

You do things with your phone that would stand my hair on end, but your
basic point is one I agree with.  My cellphone is a phone.  It's not an
MP3 player.  It's not a camera.  It's not a palmtop computer nor even a
PDA.  It's not a GPS.  It's a _phone_.

What I'd really _like_ to see is to take a modern phone, rip out the
feature creep to the point where it's got the feature set (and _really_
_good_ UI design) of my 5190 but with modern electronics, then fill up
the vacated space with battery pack.  With modern battery and phone
technology, the result would have something like a month of (my) normal
use per charge....

\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML                mouse () rodents-montreal org

[%] This is an allusion to the English/Western tale of the emperor who
    has no clothes.  It has nothing to do with the titular head of your
    country's government.