funsec mailing list archives

Re: Some of y'all might like this (virus link)

From: Chris Boyd <cboyd () gizmopartners com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 14:57:01 -0600

On Jan 19, 2011, at 12:41 PM, Nick FitzGerald wrote:

ClamAV has been detecting that file since at least 2011-01-12 08:25:20
UTC...

On Jan 19, 2011, at 1:59 PM, Peter Kosinar wrote:

The detection name might explain it easily -- "PUA.IRC-Client.mIRC-3".
Quick look at ClamAV manpage confirms that PUAs aren't reported by
default:

--detect-pua[=yes/no(*)]
              Detect Possibly Unwanted Applications.

Thanks for the pointers.  I'll see if I can find a way to get ClamXav to include that option on startup.

--Chris