funsec mailing list archives

Re: Some of y'all might like this (virus link)

From: <michael.blanchard () emc com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 14:40:40 -0500

I've seen that issue with VirusTotal and McAfee detections late last year with Downloader.cjx.  virustotal said that
Mcafee detected it, and yet when I performed my own test using the latest McAfee engine/DATs, McAfee really did not
detect it.

 Mike B

Michael P. Blanchard
Senior Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, CCSA-NGX, MCSE
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
32 Coslin Drive
Southboro, MA 01772