funsec mailing list archives

Re: Firefox slow?

From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk () gsp org>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 09:52:32 -0500

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 08:55:31AM -0500, der Mouse wrote:
It may be at least partially from incompetence at implementing SMTP
rather than malice, but in an organization that big and that well
heeled, there is no excuse for that kind of rudimentary incompetence.

I must reluctantly concur.  I had hoped that Google -- given its
essentially unlimited financial and personnel resources -- would
take its own motto to heart and set the bar high...but sadly, no.
While they have not yet reached the abysmally low standard set by
the insane crack monkeys who run Yahoo and Hotmail, they have utterly
failed to perform their highest duty: preventing their operation from
being an active menace to the rest of the Internet.

I suppose that repeating a slogan is much easier than actually doing
the work required to realize it.

BTW, this profound incompetence also extends to NNTP.

---rsk