funsec mailing list archives

Re: Anonymous not freedom fighters

From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 02:33:07 -0500

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 1:03 AM, Paul Vixie <vixie () vix com> wrote:
randallm () fidmail com (RandallM) writes:

Anonymous are not Pro rights of speech or Wikileaks but are pure web
terrorist in my book.  They hurt the cause of the pro right to free press
and speech

http://www.redbarn.org/blogs/vixie/rule

Just to play devil's advocate....

    In the past few weeks a lot of people have been forcibly denying
    Internet service to a lot of other people for political reasons that
    each attacker thinks are valid. I don't think there's any possible
    moral justification for this behaviour...

Does that include the US attempting to shut down Wikileaks' Internet
access? It kind of the same thing, isn't it?

Jeff