funsec mailing list archives

Re: Firesheep protection?

From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk () gsp org>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 17:13:35 -0400

On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 12:07:16PM -0800, Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah wrote:
Working towards some protection (not just against Firesheep, but the real
problem), anyone have comparative advice on the useability/effectiveness of:

No, but I'll comment that the plug-in zoo is starting to become
quite a menagerie.  We could argue (we *would* argue) at incredible
length about what should and shouldn't be in the baseline browser,
but I think, given the plethora of security/privacy threats out there,
that it's time to stop leaving these functions to plug-ins and start
engineering them into browsers.  Some non-overlapping subset of
HTTPS Everywhere, NoScript, BetterPrivacy, TACO, etc. is badly needed.

---rsk