funsec mailing list archives

Re: Coffee responsible for global warming

From: "Tomas L. Byrnes" <tomb () byrneit net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 20:47:27 -0700

Ah, so despite a tested IQ above 170 (where the curve just ceases to
make any delta relevant), according to you, because I'm a skeptic,
despite the fact that I have a very strong grasp of the physics
involved, I'm a retard.

Good on ya.

Maybe, just maybe, I actually apply the basic scientific process (any
disproof invalidates a hypothesis), risk management (IMNSHO, there are
much greater threats to civilization, chief of which is religious
fundamentalism, and I include "Deep Ecology" and Global Statism in
that), and Occams Razor (the simplest explanation: in this case some
humans want more money and control over other humans; is usually the
right one), and reach a conclusion that is at odds with what the masses
are being sold on.

I host the review site for the HADCRU code. It's absolute garbage.
Several major calculations in it are actual random number generators,
due to assignment of real results to integer variables (FORTRAN is not a
Strong Typing language).

Having read the code which runs the models, I can tell you that I have
absolute certainty that the results are bunk.

If, and when, they produce models subject to peer review, and code open
to review by competent computer scientists, and then run the models on
an auditable platform (such as BOINC, which is much easier, and cheaper,
than the closed incompetent run junk they ran the original set on), I'll
be willing to even listen.

Until then, what we have in "climate change" is not even as good as fake
AV. At least Fake AV code has a predictable output.