funsec mailing list archives

Re: Coffee responsible for global warming

From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 13:04:54 -0400

(For example, any number of political figures fall squarely into
this category; they're not inherently stupid, they're just not able
or willing [or both] to wrap their heads around concepts that
challenge their limited comprehension.)
Its always baffled me that they are usually bright folks who are more
than willing to resort to violence. When they exceed their limited
capacity to practice diplomacy, we get a war. I can't help but feel it
nullifies some of the arguments for the electorial college (namely,
common citizens are not smart enough to elect their president).

Speaking of politicians and presidents: George W. Bush does not appear
to practice diplomacy. GWB woke up with a unilateral erection and
decided to 'take Sadaam to task' because the US wields one of the
biggest guns, and the world is the wild, wild west.

Barrack Obama was more than willing to lie to get elected. Part of his
platform was withdrawal from Afghanistan. To date the US is still
carrying out their war in Afghanistan (the US Senate just approved
more money). Obama should be stripped of his Nobel prize since he
clearly does not deserve it. If I wanted a 'kindler, gentler war', I
would have voted for McCain.

Maybe the citizens are too dumb (they keep believing the politician's
rhetoric), and the politicians are not that dumb after all (they
continue lying and manipulating to get elected).