funsec mailing list archives

Re: The Random Information Age

From: "Randal T. RIoux" <randy () procyonlabs com>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 02:06:28 -0400

On 05/14/10 22:05, chris () blask org wrote:
--- On Fri, 5/14/10, Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah
<rMslade () shaw ca> wrote:

We eventually had about five sets around the house.  I even bought
one myself,  when I was young and foolish and taking my first
formal teaching job.

OK, now we've reached a previously unheralded meta-level of geekdom.
We are, apparently, the adult form of the kids who liked reading
encyclopedias.  How very sad.

OTOH, last I heard the bully who tormented my childhood years was
hoping to get the manager's job at the UPS warehouse he's been
stacking boxes in for the past decade.  Todd O'Haver, I'd say that
you can continue to bite me into the foreseeable future, but it seems
that life has resolved that conflict in a much more satisfying
fashion.

Pass me volume Ma-Mn, please?

I see many "lost" packages in your future now :-)

Then again, he may not have Internets.

And to add to the geek fire, I remember the local grocery store in my
small home town in Maine in the early 1980's did the Green Stamp thing.
I was probably about 6 or 7 years old and I remember collecting them to
redeem for each letter of the encyclopedia set they offered. I got up to
like 'M' and they stopped the offer. I was so sad.

Randy