funsec mailing list archives

Re: FW: Facebook may get 'panic button'

From: "Tomas L. Byrnes" <tomb () byrneit net>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 12:16:28 -0700

OK, for "solves" substitute "pretends to solve". I didn't mean that it
was going to work. I was just pointing out the logic behind it.

I'm not in favor. Frankly, I think a big part of why really important
crimes like the attempted rape of Ms. Moncayo go uninvestigated is task
overloading on the police.

They're being used as babysitters to protect people from themselves, and
enforce polity, instead of focusing on catching and locking up people
who are a danger to, and steal from, others.