funsec mailing list archives

Re: Bank security

From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk () gsp org>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 20:24:56 -0500

On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 11:08:37PM -0500, Joel Esler wrote:
Okay, so then what they do!?  You've got me on the edge of my seat here.

Well, at that very moment an iceberg the size of Rhode Island broke
off into the southern Atlantic, sending a wave careening into the
side of an ocean liner full of dyspeptic tourists on holiday from
Camden, New Jersey, sweeping overboard the laptop of the secondary
accountant's assistant and with it the only copy of the security
policy for the entire company.  As the news of this rippled (heh)
through the fabric of the corporation, causing chaos throughout
the enterprise, I seized the opportunity to pull my copy of
Schneier's "Applied Cryptography" from my shoulder bag and pummel
the store manager until he collapsed backwards into the lacrosse
stick display and could only weakly moan his acquiescence to my
insistent demand that the fracking store give me a $32 credit.

And a pony. I got a pony, too!

---Rsk