funsec mailing list archives

Re: Adobe investigates sophisticatic corporate networksecurity issue

From: Wim Lewis <wiml () hhhh org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 15:23:16 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010, Paul M. Moriarty wrote:
Or put another way, expecting end users to change their behavior and
start doing all the things they "should" be doing is futile.  Any
approach based on this premise will fail.

That's not what I read Dan Kaminsky's point to be at all --- his point is,
as I understood it, that some users' job *is* to open unsolicited
attachments from random people on the internet. They *are* doing what they
should be doing. The fact that this exposes their entire company to attack
can't really be blamed on user misbehavior.