funsec mailing list archives

Re: whitehouse cyber strategy review

From: chris () blask org
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 11:45:04 -0800 (PST)

--- On Sat, 11/14/09, Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org> wrote:

Is it me or is the new Whitehouse cyber security document just b/s of
more cooperation yet again?

I'm not sure what level of specificity you might be expecting in such a document.  If this said "and everyone will use
WPA2 Enterprise" I'd be much more concerned that someone in DC was smoking the bad crack.

On a quick scan it contains reasonable cat-herding terminology all-in-all.  Develop vision, strategy, coordination.
Integrate agency activities, enhance incentives for development of secure products in private industry, encourage
identity solutions while considering privacy and civil liberties.

Yada.

It's a big ocean that needs to be boiled without making the frog jump out (and similar appropriately vague analogies).

Lemme study this thing more and I'll let you know what I really think of it.

-chris