funsec mailing list archives

Re: ICANN Approves Non-Latin Domain Name Characters

From: "Larry Seltzer" <larry () larryseltzer com>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 12:21:42 -0400

Yet another thought about this: They (not sure who "they" is) will have
to engage in something of an education campaign to non-Latin-speaking
(ha ha) users to trust these domain names. If you're a Russian or Korean
or Arabic speaker you're not used to seeing domain names in those
languages.

What is the user experience like for such users? Gadi, how do you switch
between typing Hebrew and English and whatever else you type?

Larry Seltzer
Contributing Editor, PC Magazine
larry_seltzer () ziffdavis com
http://blogs.pcmag.com/securitywatch/