funsec mailing list archives

Re: threats abound for 2010 what shall we do, oh my!

From: "Tomas L. Byrnes" <tomb () byrneit net>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 18:58:48 -0800

Paul, this isn't about you, or Dan, or realistically about me (although,
since ThreatSTOP just signed up a large county government in MI with
more revenue than it costs for me to take the dang test, I'm going to
take the test to check the box), it's about the future of our craft.

Sure, you're going to get grandfathered, the same way you wouldn't have
to go through the JFK SW school if you went back in; or they'd make me
rerun pathfinder, RIP, or any of the other "superseded" schools; or
require that either of us go through any form of "CND" orientation. Our
sad sack old butts would still have to pass PT, but that's making the
standard, not proving we know what we're doing.

Doesn't mean that the world isn't a changing for the new guys, and not
for the better (and that the shortage of "qualified" people won't get
worse).

All I'm sayin is: ya wanna play, they gonna make ya pay. I donna like
it, I don't think it's productive, but the regulators have taken over,
the government is the only source of new cash, and tilting at windmills
doesn't pay the bills.