funsec mailing list archives

Re: The Legality of Publishing Hacked E-Mails

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 22:36:38 -0500

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 20:44:37 EST, Larry Seltzer said:

hack? If not, I don't see the relevance, and I certainly don't see why
the New York Times of all places, the defendant in the Pentagon Papers
case, should feel they can't publish them

You *do* realize that the NYT misplaced most of their collective journalistic
cojones sometime during the last few decades, right?  Though they *did* run
with the NSA monitoring story, there is oh so much else that's happened in
recent years that the old NYT would have run with that the current paper has
just yawned at.

(Flaming response from the conservatives in 5..4..3.. ;)