funsec mailing list archives

stupid question again

From: RandallM <randallm () fidmail com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 20:00:34 -0600

i am so sorry. I just don't understand this. Computer is infected. user has
DNS redirects to any and all site for help. Why can't the good guys use some
type of fast flux or url obfuscation to hide help standalone software to
down load and use? you know, maybe I am just so damn ignorant that what I
think is a simple idea to use for Mcafee, F-secure and such to offer help is
why its not used. I mean really, bad guys hide C&C and download server
through such means, why can't the good guys? Someone just get right down and
explain this crap to me. I am so adamant that this type of idea, though not
fully fool proof, can't work.

*http://preview.tinyurl.com/nohelphere*

--
been great, thanks