funsec mailing list archives

Re: LHC redundant, world has ended, source code at 11 ...

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 12:45:22 -0400

On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 14:25:21 +0200, Martin Tomasek said:

I wouldn't use PHP in production environment. They are using #ifdefs
instead of functions in PHP sources. No wonder they have so many bugs.

We have yet to devise a computer language that prevents programmers from
doing stupid things and writing dangerous and ugly code.  Although there's
a lot of ugly PHP code out there, I haven't seen any innate broken-ness
in the PHP design that makes it *impossible* for a skilled programmer to
create good PHP code.

Note that in the previous paragraph, you can replace PHP with Perl, Java,
C++, COBOL, FORTRAN.  I will however grant that Ada was fundamentally flawed. ;)