funsec mailing list archives

So ze Q-bomb wuz a dud? :)

From: Kevin McAleavey <kevinmca () nsclean com>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 05:27:59 -0400

 Sitting shiva on conficker all evening and night here in the woods of upstate New York. So all the analysis which
revealed the presence of a date was perhaps an April Fool's joke of its own? Given the way the previous versions have
worked, never did quite understand why they'd hardcode a date in there given the sophistication of what I've seen by
design so far. But its presence really DID get everyone worked up, perhaps one of the more significant April Fool's
pranks ... and on US.  :(

 I haven't seen much of anything and I'm in my 13th hour of sitting here, waiting for what Marvin the Martian once
said, "Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom!" Did the pig even update itself
anywhere? Or did we get fooled? Somehow, I expect the latter. Whoever wrote this thing is pretty damned good at what
they've written so far ...