funsec mailing list archives

Re: Experts: GPS system 'close to breakdown'

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 18:49:24 -0800

On Thu, 28 May 2009 08:26:08 PDT, Benjamin April said:
"US government officials are concerned that the quality of the Global
Positioning System (GPS) could begin to deteriorate as early as next year,
resulting in regular blackouts and failures – or even dishing out
inaccurate directions to millions of people worldwide.

I wish I'd read about this earlier today.  Everybody at the trade show was giving
away GPS units as draws, and I would have had a better answer as to why I wouldn't
give them my business card in return for a chance at one, other than the fact the
GPS units kill people in the mountains, and send huge trucks through tiny towns in
Wales.

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance -- it is the
illusion of knowledge.                          - Daniel J. Boorstin
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm
http://blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/slade/index.html http://twitter.com/rslade
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/