funsec mailing list archives

Re: Swine flu: Twitter's power to misinform

From: "Tomas L. Byrnes" <tomb () byrneit net>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 21:14:13 -0700

Am I the only one who remembers the days when twitting meant putting
someone in your killfile? (Yes, I know the twits at Twitter like to call
it tweeting.)

We're seeing first hand, in many venues, why pure democracy and populism
don't work; and why only a Republic can long last without degenerating
into chaos, and then dictatorship.